Wed Mar 15, 2006
I started my own virtual tour project early 2006. I tried pushing the limits both in hardware and software for three years, working together with my brother. We probably created over 30 virtual tours in Mallorca, Madrid and the Canary Islands. But we finally gave up and sold the equipment. We used a one-shot 360º lens I ordered from USA.
- Full screen VR panoramas help people sell their properties.
- Fast even in full screen mode
- Windows, Mac and Linux compatible
- Hotspots and an interactive 3D Flash map ease navigation between rooms.
- Flash map design tool allow easy creation of isometric maps.
- Quick previews and incremental rendering make it feel quite responsive.
- An info layer provide information about each room when desired.
- Custom JAVA applet configuration.
- Self made 360º photography with dedicated equipment.
I will later update this post and explain all the software and hacks we used to be able to create virtual tours quickly and for a low price.