Fri Nov 23, 2012
This is the first time I share news on this format on my blog. Almost every day I read something I find interesting, but I rarely let others know about it. I’m going to try writing a post like this once a week for those who just read popular newspapers. Links behind the headline point to a discussion about the article.
Freedom, privacy and Internet:
- Google’s campaign for a free and open internet (HN).
- The “Kill the Gays” bill is back in Uganda. Act now.
- Saudi Arabia implements electronic tracking system for women (HN).
- Police Raid 9-Year-Old Pirate Bay Girl, Confiscate Winnie The Pooh Laptop (HN).
- Man Arrested At Airport for Unusual Watch (HN).
- Man suspected of wearing ‘bomb’ watch at Oakland airport released, no charges filed (HN).
- Senate bill rewrite lets feds read your e-mail without warrants (HN).
- Hacker Faces Jail for Accessing Public URLs That Revealed AT&T iPad User Emails, With Possible Chilling Effects for Online Freedom (HN).
- Internet censorship in Russia: Lurk no more (HN).
- 21-year-old girl held for Facebook post questioning Mumbai’s ‘Bal Thackeray shutdown’.
- Ten Finger Touch Screen Keyboard (HN). App.
- The Future of Energy & Transport (86 minute presentation by Elon Musk).